Sunday, September 12, 2010

Music (overused topic, but whatever)

Here's the deal.. I haven't written anything about how I feel about music. Call this entry cliche, I'll still blog about it anyway. Okay. If you know me well enough, you'd know that music practically means EVERYTHING to me. I know, I know, it sounds so overused.
Most people think of music as "a bunch words with a tune and a melody." Come to think of it, it actually is. But that's not what I mean. What I mean is.. how does music play a roll in your life? What does it mean to you?

Well..
Music to me is happiness. If there wasn't music right now, I'd be dead. Well, not really dead. I'd be lifeless. I wouldn't be what I am right now. Music keeps me going. If I'm not playing guitar, I don't know what I'd be doing. I wouldn't be the enthusiastic person I am right now.

Josh Montgomery, guitarist of The Summer Set, said, "Music is my life : ). Music is the only thing that makes sense in this world."

That's exactly how I feel, Josh. When it feels like all my hope is lost, I listen to music. In fact, I'm sure a lot of people do!
Last summer, it felt like nothing made sense anymore. I don't know why, but I hated it. What did I do to make it stop?
I put my earphones on, listened to some Fall Out Boy, and ate chocolate. It worked.
It's true. Music can change one's mood. Having a bad day? Listen to music to get your mind off of things. It works every time.

And NO, this post is not meant to be "emo."

Usually, when I'm sad, I listen to sad songs... which makes me even more sad.
Bored, I listen to instrumentals. Or anything, actually.
Angry, I listen to SCREAMO or slow songs. Weird.
Stressed, I'd probably listen to Christian rock, like Casting Crowns or Switchfoot.
Happy, I listen to anything!
But sometimes, I just listen to whatever I wanna listen to!

"Music puts everything you wish you could say into words and melody. Music takes the moments you'll never forget and makes them permanent." 
- Stephen Gomez, bassist, The Summer Set

"Music is... organized chaos!" 
- John Gomez, guitarist, The Summer Set

“Music = Freedom” 
- Gabe Saporta, singer, Cobra Starship

Music is more than a chord progression and a catchy tune. Some people write music 'cause it's pretty much the only thing they can do.
Music isn't just entertainment. For some people, like me, music is like my own personal therapist.
Worship songs make me calm down. This way, God speaks to me through music.
Yes, praise and worship is one of the best things in the world.

There's this music video; it's by 30 Seconds To Mars. The title's "Closer To The Edge."
This, by far, is probably the best music video of 2010. I don't know if you agree, but this is just amazing. You'll know why when you watch it.


If the video doesn't show up, you can click here to watch it. If you're watching it, be sure to watch the whole video. Trust me, you'll love it. Okay, maybe not, but.. you get the point.

Well, that pretty much ends everything. I just hope I didn't bore you or waste your time. It was YOU who decided to read this anyway. I just had to let it all out.
Plus, I've written down another thing on my bucket list:
Write at least ONE original song.
'Yall should also have this.

OK THANKS FOR READING! BYE!

(Y)

2 comments: