Monday, August 23, 2010

Top 10: Lead Singers (According to me)

HIII. So for reading and writing class, we had to make a  Top 10 list of ANYTHING. I decided to make a Top 10 list of Lead Singers. This is just my opinion, so if you have any complaints or violent reactions, you are free to do so. :))
Click the photo for the credit.


10. Brian Dales (TSS)



Okay, I originally didn't plan to put descriptions after the picture, but I felt like I wanted to make a looong blog. Ok, so, Brian Dales! The lead singer of one of my favorite bands (as of now), The Summer Set. Some people get really annoyed of his voice, but I realized that without Brian, The Summer Set wouldn't have a uniqueness in it. The best thing about Brian's voice is that it works well with female singers. On a song called, "Where Are You Know?", he sings with a girl and OH MY GOSH, IT WAS AWESOME.
Since their band covers Taylor Swift songs a lot, his voice is amazing in "Fifteen."

9.  John O'Callaghan (The Maine)




You should just listen to this guy's voice. It's the type of "maarte" voice that isn't even maarte. I don't know how that's possible, but you'll understand what I mean once you listen to him sing.

8. Nick Santino (ARTTM) & Brendon Urie (P!ATD)




 LOOK! It's a tie between Nick Santino (guitar) and Brendon Urie (piano)! First of all, Nick and Brendon's voices are far from each other. Nick has a mellow, cool, and soft voice, while Brendon has a lively, thick, energetic voice. I love both of them equally. Nick's voice suits soft rock, pop and cool songs while Brendon's suits alternative, pop-punk-ish songs.

7. Gabe Saporta (Cobra Starship)




 GABE SAPORTA! He's number 7, not just because of his voice, but for his stage presence! Seeing him sing AND perform on stage is just AWESOME. Gabe's voice is so unique and energetic that you can't even understand (in a good way). In Tagalog, his voice is so unique and energetic na hindi mo maintindihan. Because of Cobra Starship, I started liking synthpop music. You should really listen to the voice of this guy who looks like Jason Dalafu.

6. Alex de Leon (The Cab)



 Listen to Vegas Skies, and you'll know why he's on my list.

5. Martin Johnson (BLG)



Another one I chose because of stage presence. Whenever he doesn't need to play anything on the guitar, he grabs the microphone and starts singing to the crowd (duh), but what I mean is that he just doesn't stay in one place. He actually walks around and goes to the audience and looks at them in the eye. He connects to the audience (I sounded like an American Idol judge there).
Other than that, Martin's vocal range is UNBELIEVABLE. In the acoustic version of "Thunder," you won't believe that it's actually him singing both the verse and the chorus. In the verse, it sounds like a different singer (with the low voice and all that), but OH MY GOSH, THE CHORUS IS SO HIGH. Same thing with the acoustic version of Hero/Heroin. Okay, so moving on.

4. Sierra Kusterbeck (VE)



I don't know why, but I was so, so, so, so excited to write this part about Sierra! SIERRA KUSTERBECK!!! SDKAHJDKSDJK
First, to clear up everything, she doesn't sound anything like Hayley Williams. She sounds NOTHING like Hayley Williams. Her voice is thinner, and softer compared to Hayley's, but once she starts hitting those high notes, it's just amazing. Plus, when she does those falsettos in "Stranger," it just makes you wanna play that specific part where she does the falsetto over and over again. It's soooo cool.
You should see her head bang on stage! Her hair goes all over the place.
There was one time that while she was singing, she just awkwardly dropped the mic on stage. Not because of crazy moves or anything like that, but the mic just fell awkwardly while she was standing up. She easily recovered from the embarrassment and put on a great show. It was pretty funny, though.

3. Alex Gaskarth (ATL)



Oh gosh, his voice is so @)
It's one of the nicest male voices I've ever heard. Alex has such a beautiful voice, it's impossible to not like it. Probably, his voice sounds the best in "Therapy", "Remembering Sunday", and "Lullabies."
Another thing that I love about him is the lyrics. The lyrics that he writes are just as beautiful as his voice.
"I'm a walking travesty, but I'm smiling at everything."
"Give up and let go, I'm just a boy with a dream and you can take one look as I fall in between."

2. Hayley Williams (Paramore)



Haha, you knew this was coming, didn't you? Oh... wait... you didnt? Ok then.
Well, HAYLEY FREAKIN' WILLIAMS OF PARAMORE IS HERE!!! AND SHE'S IN THE #2 SPOT!!! How cool is that?
Anyway, I mentioned Sierra Kusterbeck earlier. Sierra's voice is slightly higher than Hayley's. They sing in different ways, too. Sierra sings like she's telling a story while Hayley sings like she's arguing with someone. Don't get me wrong, I love Hayley's voice!
THAT HAIR. Even iHair (our P&P product) made a signature edition spray for her!
She's pretty much the only girl who can carry ALL hairstyles in ALL colors.
Her stage presence is also so hdjkahdkas unbelievable. I've seen her head bang on stage last March 9, and it's just super kaduper dhksadjhk awesome.


and nowww....


1. Patrick Stump (FOB)


 

Everyone knows that Fall Out Boy was my favorite band. It was, it will, and it will still be my favorite band. I'm so cliche.
Anyway, the reason I chose Patrick is because his voice has a certain uniqueness in it. It's like you can't find any other voice like that. Get this, he never even had singing lessons. Look at him now.
Another reason why he's #1 on my list is because the words he say aren't understandable, yet you can understand it. Do you get me? No? Okay.
For example, in "Sugar, We're Goin' Down," he meant to say, "We're goin' down, down in an earlier round." But instead, it sounds like, "We're goin' dooownn tuhhh in a luleeyuhhrahh."
But whatever, it still sounds beautiful to me even though you can't understand what he says. Fall Out Boy wouldn't be famous right now if it wasn't for Patrick and his voice. That's what I miss from them (they're on a hiatus right now). Ok, I think I should stop now. This isn't even a list anymore. It's more like, "Yana's dramatic band frustrations" or "Yana's attempt to be as dramatic as she can"




Anyway, that ends my list. I'm tired and sleepy, so I now leave you with *PARTAAYYYY* gifs.





OKAY BYE!

4 comments:

  1. yana, if you post one more GIF, i'm gonna die of laughter na

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. YEAH YANA. IF YOU POST ANOTHER GIF, I'LL DIE OF LAUGHTER! =))) your blog's awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH YANA... YOU'RE BLOGS ARE SOOO HKDJFHALS AWESOME! :P

    ReplyDelete